Saturday, March 14, 2009

I have difinitly felt the ups and downs of life and I struggle to keep having trust and faith when my life seems to be going in that "downward cycle". One thing that helps me is to remember the tender mercies of the Lord. Actually, Elder Bednar gave an address in the April 2005 General Conference on this subject. It is entitled "The Tender Mercies of the Lord". In July that year, I had an experience that I have kept close to my heart. When I talked with my mom about it, she pointed out the article and mentioned that experiences like that are the tender mercies of the Lord. When I feel down or troubled, I call upon these "tender mercies" and hold on to them, knowing the Lord has not forgotten me and that I must keep having faith and trust in Him. Trying to remember that His prospective is greater then mine. Boy, it's not easy and I know I don't understand everything. Elder Bednar speaks more in depth on the subject and it is such a beautiful message. Christy, thank you so much for sharing your thoughts and testimony. It is amazing how our lives can be touched. For me, "Come Unto Him" is a tender mercy of the Lord.
Love, Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment