Monday, May 11, 2009

Trying to become like Jesus and failing and trying again!

Part of Coming Unto Jesus is trying to become like Him and then failing. It works like this. I learn something about Jesus, say that he is patient in afflictions. Then I pray that I can become more like Jesus in this way. Inevitably, I get up from prayers like this and loose my temper or complain how hard my affliction is! It is so frusterating. But in failing I recognize my shortcomings and where I need to improve. Once I know where I need to improve I begin suplicating Him for His help again and then as President Hinckley counseled, 'get on me feet and go to work' trying once again to become more like Jesus. I find that as I continue to try and fail I begin to improve...if I don't give up. The key is to 'Keep Moving Forward' as the movie Meet the Robinsons taught so well.

In modern scripture it says: Wherefore, ye must press forward with a steadfastness in Christ, having a perfect brightness of hope, and a love of God and of all men. Wherefore, if ye shall press forward, feasting upon the word of Christ, and endure to the end, behold, thus saith the Father: Ye shall have eternal life.

Question: How have you overcome the fear of failure in Coming Unto Jesus? Or are you stuck and needing to get up and try again. I'd love to hear your successes and failures so that we can all learn from them.

1 comment:

  1. good post, christy. i have learned, although i dont always apply it to my life when crisis hits-is this, faith and fear cannot abide at the same time. we wont grow when we are in the fear mode and the spirit will not stay with us so that we can learn. it takes alot of struggle and work on my part to keep out of that mode, and if i get into it not to stay very long. that is my lesson and the rest comes in the lords time, when we allow it. love you mom

    ReplyDelete